The Carmichael Presbyterian Church Health Ministry consists of health professionals and others willing to address health, healing and wholeness within our congregation and community.
In Spring of 2017, CPC’s Health Ministry held a series of classes called “The Third Act,” aimed at providing a holistic, organized, and spiritual approach to aging and caring for the aging. Participants discovered how to plan for and live the GOOD LIFE in their “3rd Act.”
The resource guide for this class, Taking Care of Business, is available to download. For additional information, please contact the church office.
The Care Visitor Ministry
One of the main projects of CPC’s Health Ministry has been developing and implementing a Care Visitor Ministry with support from a grant by the Synod of the Pacific.
This unique program trains church volunteers are Care Visitors to offer meaningful monthly outreach to individuals in our church community who are providing ongoing care to ill or frail loved ones.
Many individuals and families in our congregation provide vital care and support for their loved ones. Caregivers are under considerable stress that is likely to increase over time.
Our church wants to come alongside caregivers in their journey and minister through visitations to sustain their wholeness and extend the love of Christ into their lives.
How a Care Visitor helps:
- Value the caregiver in his or her life situation
- Listen and be a confidential and safe sounding board
- Strengthen connection with the church through encouragement and joint prayer
- Support access to church and community resources
- Consider how to reach out and share the care burden
Become a Care Visitor:
This unique ministry is made possible by the caring hearts and time given of our volunteers. We hope you consider joining our team.
- Initial training (6 hours)
- Mandatory fingerprinting
- Matched with Caregiver
- Coordinate monthly visit with Caregiver that is mutually convenient
- Attend monthly meeting for ongoing learning and development
- Total time commitment: 2 hours per month
Caregivers Get Connected
If you are a family caregiver, we care about you! If you’re in need of support, we want to come alongside you in your journey. Please call the church office, and we will get you connected with the Pastors or Health Ministry.